Friday, February 13, 2009

how many drafts?

I am about to embark on the last of the chapters but have received the first 29 back from my publisher (btw, she should be a writer cos she's really good!) and will accept or reject her suggestions. Then, it's onto the final four. The big ones. I am excited and terrified at the same time.

So, this is now called (for my computer files) Banquo's Son fourth draft. This is the final one. This is what well known writer Anne Lamott says:
All good writers write them [shitty first drafts]. This is how they end up with good second drafts and terrific third drafts.

Hoping fourth draft is perfection.

On another note, had the pleasure of meeting with the babes to test the waters on the sequel to Banquo's Son. For me, it was fun and I'm very appreciative of Dani's board work. After they had left to go to class (art, eco, french, history, whatever), I sat in front of the white board and scribbled down the whole story. Five pages of notes. We are very, very excited!

Oh, and we've got the third book sketched out too.

But, I'm now back in my sleep out (office, writing room whatever) to finish the FIRST book. Can't wait.
What? Now? Grrr, I've just been called to dinner!!!

No comments: